Career In Progress, is a Career Management & Recruiting Company that offers boutique services for businesses across Greece.
On behalf of our Partner, Sympraxis Team, a well-established Team of Experts based in Athens, which provides Sustainability and ESG services, we are looking for an Sustainability Consultant.
The firm supports the establishment and operation of effective partnerships involving private businesses, public sector organizations and NGOs, leading to innovative and valuable contributions for the environment and society.
Sympraxis is a 360 one stop shop that provides sustainability strategy, implementation and communication services and undertakes projects for corporations such as OTE (Deutsche Telecom Group), Google, Papastratos (Philip Morris International),Henkel Hellas SA, Growthfund, the Ministry of the Environment and Energy, the European Union, the Greek state, and other local and international
institutions. Sympraxis currently consists of 14 team members.
The Consultant will be responsible for engaging with executives in corporate sustainability and investor relations professionals on a variety of sustainability- related projects but with an emphasis on Sustainability Strategy & Action Plan, Sustainability/ESG reporting with a specialization in environmental topics and Climate Risk Impacts, EU Legislation and SRI/ESG Indexes.
The main duties of this role include:
- Planning, coordinating, and executing Sustainability Projects.
- Participating in the constant update of Sustainability Strategy.
- Operating a database for measuring and monitoring ESG data/performance
indicators (KPIs), providing user support, and generating reports.
- Partnering with executives in corporate sustainability and investor relations
professionals on various sustainability-related projects.
- Undertaking daily project management tasks to ensure the functionality,
coordination, and execution of Sustainability Projects.
- Supporting the implementation of Sustainability Reports.
- 2- 6 years of relevant work experience (i.e., leading sustainability projects and/or participation in sustainability advisory projects).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or in Environment Studies or Sustainability and the Environment (Circular Economy/Climate Change).
- Proven experience in Climate Impact Assessments using CDP and GHG protocol is highly desirable.
- Experience in Sustainability/ESG Reporting using recognized standards (e.g. GRI, SASB).
- Familiarity with EU Legislation on Sustainability Standards, the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, the Taxonomy Regulation, the EU Green Deal, the National Climate and Energy Plans as well as the Recovery and Resilient Fund and its supporting regulations.
- Very good knowledge of the GRI Standards, the AA1000APS principles, the United Nations SDGs.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Proficient business writing skills both in Greek and English language.
- Proficient user of MS Office
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will focus on the delivery of client engagement in relation to sustainability projects, by understanding the objectives for both clients and the Sympraxis Team, aligning their own work to objectives and setting personal priorities, leading sustainability projects, and taking accountability for their own and the team’s results. Additionally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate strong teamwork skills, actively collaborating with colleagues to achieve project goals and fostering a supportive and collaborative work environment.
What to expect:
Initially you may develop your leadership and communication skills. Afterwards, you will build relationships to positively influence your peers and other stakeholders. You will be able to act as a strong brand ambassador, embracing the firms objective and values and putting them into practice in your professional life, share knowledge and experience with others and commit to the department’s goals.
Nice to have:
- Effective communication skills and ability to build rapport
- Ability to develop and deliver high-quality services and solutions
- An extremely high work ethic
- Motivation for career progression and development
Benefits, Growth Opportunities and Other Information
A competitive salary, a friendly and dynamic working environment, the opportunity to support a meaningful cause.