Career In Progress, is a Career Management & Recruiting Company that offers boutique services for business across Greece.
On behalf of our Partner, a Business and IT Consulting firm in Athens, we are seeking for a passionate and enthusiastic:
Senior Web Developer
Based in Athens, our client undertakes nationwide, business consulting in funded programs both national and European, the provision of services in the field of information technology, the implementation of management systems (ISO standards) and web development.
The main duties of this role include:
- Technical support and maintenance of the sites of the existing clientele of the company: Dynamic responsive websites and e-commerce pages (e-shops), developed in custom CMS or via open source (WooCommerce, CS-Cart), integrated with external ERP systems, banking institutions, courier companies, online marketplaces (e. g. skroutz) etc.
- Develop of new modules in these projects as well as reconstructions.
- Design and develop of new projects for clients either in custom CMS, or in open-source platforms that may be requested by clients
- Design and develop of new custom web applications.
- Proven hands-on experience in developing high-end web projects
- Exceptional understanding OOP with PHP
- Familiarity with
– MySQL, MariaDB
- Experience in Responsive and Adaptive design using Bootstrap
- Experience in integrating third-party APIs, using Web Services and their related standards (JSON, XML, REST, SOAP)
- Experience in browser testing & debugging processes
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think and act with accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written
Ideally, nice you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Experience in web application development using PHP Frameworks (Codeigniter or Laravel)
- Strong knowledge of MVC architecture
- Strong understanding of UX, web performance, SEO
- Familiarity with source control systems (Git, SVN) and using issue tracking tools (Jira, Asana)
- Hands-on work experience in a similar position using the above:
– CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS, PostCSS)
– UI frameworks (React, Vue.js)
– Containers, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
– NoSQL Databases
- Hybrid work conditions
- Excellent career opportunities in a great work environment and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.