Career In Progress, is a Career Management & Recruiting Company that offers boutique services for businesses across Greece.
On behalf of our Partner, a Health Sector Non-Profit Organization we are looking for an experienced Public Affairs Manager.
Based in Athens, our client is the national confederation of patient groups representing over 75.000 patients from 50+ organizations throughout Greece.
The main duties of this role include:
- Build and manage relationships with governmental, MP’s, Social and Scientific partners, and stakeholders in national and EU level, to promote the organization’s Policy Agenda and to explore and implement synergies.
- Develop strategic advocacy and communications initiatives targeting media and public to promote the organizarion’s scopes
- Collaborate with the organization’s working groups to deliver health policy proposals in several fields (patient’s rights, primary health care, hospital environment, pharmaceutical policy, public health, etc)
- Prepare and disseminate press releases and represent the Organization in Health conferences, meetings, key policy forums and groups
- Evaluate and develop funding opportunities within the strong relationships with donors’
- University Degree in Humanitarian/Political/Social Sciences or other relative field, MSc in Healthcare Management or Health Policies will be an asset
- At least 3 years’ hands-on proven experience in the fields of Public/Government Affairs in the Health sector
- Ideally professional experience as a Social Representative for Health-related issues
- Proven research skills and experience of drafting policy documents and reports, and ability to translate complex scientific concepts for public, policymakers, and other stakeholders
- Excellent English and Greek knowledge for written and verbal communication
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate is the one with the scientific and professional background in Health Policy making. Skills such as strong analytical mindset, cross functional and cultural communication, great networking and lobbying are necessary in order to defend the rights of healthcare users.
Benefits, Growth Opportunities & Other Information
- Benefits include: Competitive Pay Based on Experience and strong opportunity for a personal professional development