Career In Progress, is a Career Management & Recruiting Company that offers boutique services for businesses across Greece.
On behalf of SOS Children’s Villages in Greece, we are looking for an experienced and dynamic:
SOS Children’s Villages is the world’s largest non-governmental organisation focused on supporting children and young people without parental care, or at risk of losing it. Founded in 1949 as a non-denominational organization it now has presence in 136 countries and territories. In Greece it has been operating since 1975 with the aim that every child grows up in a loving home.
The role reports directly to the General Director and is a member of the Senior Management Team.
The main duties of this role include:
- Lead the development of the annual Fundraising Strategy of SOS Children’s Villages to achieve income targets across the range of revenue streams
- Produce and manage funding leads and opportunities
- Work to identify suitable sponsors, donors to approach, in line with SOS Children’s Villages Fundraising Strategy
- Make risk analyses and calculate time-cost ratios, in order to focus effort on the fundraising activities that are most appropriate and have the highest chance of success.
- Maintain professional and friendly relationships with corporate donors, grantors and update them on how their grant funds are being utilized throughout the year
- Develop and lead the monthly-giving supporters program
- Develop and maintain effective supporter journeys for the development of relationships and retention
- Develop and organize fundraising activities and events in cooperation with the Communications team
- Work closely with the Communications team for the design and implementation of fundraising digital campaigns
- Supervise the commercial activity of SOS Children’s Villages (e.g. eshop, retailer network)
- University Degree in Marketing, Economics or equivalent
- MSc in similar academic objectives will be an asset
- At least 3+ years hands-on work experience in a similar Director role
- Demonstrable track record of Strategic Fundraising
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client, and donor relationships
- Proven track record in fundraising that has directly resulted in increased income for an organization
- Have solid experience of Database-Driven-Marketing and demonstrate good understanding of CRM systems
- Be able to think both at a strategic and tactical level
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions
- Excellent multitasking, time management and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practices and respect of confidentiality, are required
- Strong “Can-Do” Attitude
Location: Athens, Greece
If the sentence “No Child Should Grow Up alone” motivates you to do something more for a better world, we are waiting to have your CV.