Career In Progress, is a Career Management & Recruiting Company that offers boutique services for businesses across Greece.
On behalf of our Partner, a mining company based in Athens, we are currently seeking an experienced and talented Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Officer, for its premises in Northern Greece.
Our Client is a gold and base metals producer with mining operations in Halkidiki. Since 2003, the company develops and operates its assets under the highest environmental and safety standards. The Company’s activities involve all facets of mining, including exploration, development, production and rehabilitation. Promoting the sustainable mining in the region, the company contributes to the local economic growth with investments of more than $1 billion, the employment of 1,500 people, the active support to local suppliers, and important CSR programs and social investments to the local community.
The Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Officer is responsible for coordination and effective implementation of a wide range of internal and external communication initiatives and stakeholder engagement services in alignment with the corporate mission and objectives, while ensuring unified, timely and consistent communications across.
Reporting line: The role reports to the Director of Corporate Affairs & Communications Department.
The main duties of this role include:
- Coordinate, deliver and monitor the communication and stakeholder engagement actions under the Environmental and Social Action Plan of the Company.
- Establish collaborative and consultative working relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders to achieve information flow, promote open communication and maximize engagement and feedback.
- Support the implementation and evaluate the effectiveness of internal and external stakeholder activities and community consultation activities ensuring effective delivery of communication among different stakeholders.
- Write and manage content and layout that contextualize corporate messaging for a variety of communication channels, including website, intranet, company-wide emails/newsletters, internal articles, social media, media, etc. ensuring consistency of messaging.
- Develop, implement and use appropriate communication methods, tools and materials to effectively communicate organizational initiatives and projects with internal stakeholders.
- Manage the planning and development of all internal events maximizing staff engagement and effective delivery of messaging.
- Monitor and report media coverage of the company’s events and activities.
- Brief and supervise external specialists appointed to assist in communication activities, and ensure that they meet agreed standards, specifications and deadlines.
- Degree in Marketing / Communication / Business or any other related field
- At least 3 years of experience in a communications role, stakeholder engagement role or related discipline
- Equivalent experience in communications/public/government/media relations will be considered a plus
- Proficient user of Greek and English
- Agile and resilient in demanding projects and deadlines
- Adaptive to working effectively in both the office and field
- Driving License Category B
Benefits, Growth Opportunities & Other Information
- Location: Northern Greece
- Type of work: On-Site
- Benefits include: Competitive pay based on experience and strong opportunity for a personal professional development.